The Regional Finals take place at:
- University of West London, School of Hospitality & Tourism, St Mary's Road
Ealing, W5 5RF
In addition to preparing the recipe (exactly as submitted on the entry form), you will need to prepare a dessert for four persons from a selection of ingredients which will be given to you just before the start of the cook-off (books are allowed for reference purposes on the day to help you plan your dessert, but cannot be taken into the kitchen)
A maximum of two and a half hours cooking time is allocated at the Regional Final for your recipe and the dessert.
The judges will look for practical and imaginative use of the ingredients provided.
Entrants will be assessed continually while in the kitchen, by two or more judges. Marks will be awarded for culinary skills, organisation, hygiene etc.
18 Regional Finalists receive:
- £100 Russums voucher courtesy of The Savoy Educational Trust
- A Mocca coffee pot and coffee, courtesy of L'Unico Caffé Musetti
- A limited edition exclusive Global Sai knife, courtesy of Global Knives
- A ‘farm to fork’ experience courtesy of Fairfax Meadow. Includes a visit to the farm and abattoir in Bristol, plus a day trip to the Fairfax Meadow Factory in Kentish Town, London where skilled butchers will present a meat cutting demonstration of beef and lamb.
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges
Andrew Fairlie "For those that are chosen to cook at the regional finals, we look to see if they present what they submitted in the written paper, are they organized, do they work methodically, how do they react under pressure and most of all can they cook. That's why this is one of the most coveted competitions in Europe today."
SIGN-UP FOR NEWS
To be notified about Roux Scholarship news, please submit your email address in the box below. It's free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
|Your email address:|