The winner receives £6,000, to support their career development & an invitation to cook and train under the supervision of a leading chef at a prestigious 3-star Michelin restaurant anywhere in the world for up to three months.
In addition the 2015 Roux Scholar receives:
- A day’s work experience with Steve Groves, Masterchef Professional winner, at Roux at Parliament Square followed by dinner for two in the restaurant with wines chosen by the sommelier, courtesy of Restaurant Associates.
- An exclusive Magnum of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut, signed by all the judges.
- An all expenses paid trip for two to visit the wine cellars of Laurent-Perrier at Tours-sur-Marne, including a guided tour of the cellars and a tasting of the Laurent-Perrier range. Travel by Eurostar and overnight accommodation with dinner, bed and breakfast.
- From Bridor an invitation for two to Rick Stein's in Padstow Cornwall including two nights accommodation at either The Seafood Restaurant or St Petroc's Hotel, a three course dinner with a bottle of wine at The Seafood Restaurant and two places on a one-day cookery course at Padstow Seafood School.
- The Bocuse d'Or Winners recipe book also from Bridor
- A trip for two to visit the Caffé Musetti roasting factory with flights, transfers and a night's accommodation in Milan, courtesy of L'Unico.
- A year’s subscription to print and digital editions of The Caterer for one year, plus two tickets to The Caterer’s annual awards, the Cateys. Known as the hospitality industry’s Oscars, the exclusive, black tie event takes place at Grosvenor House on 7 July.
- A collection of Global Sai knives and accessories, including chef’s case to a value of £1000.
- A voucher for 3 cases of Hildon Natural Mineral Water plus a set of 6 Hildon glasses.
- A a year’s supply of Kikkoman Soy Sauce and a set of Baccaret glasses, courtesy of Kikkoman.
- A meal for 2 people including wine at one of Fairfax Meadow's top customers, a list will be provided for the winner to choose from.
- Registration on the Best Practice Forum’s “Professional Hospitality Management Development Programme” in conjunction with University of West London. This includes a Management Study Unit of your choice , courtesy of Hospitality and Leisure Manpower.
- One year's complimentary membership of the Institute of Hospitality.
- A Thermomix TM5 all-in-one kitchen appliance. Winner of the Chefs’ Choice award for best gadget in professional kitchens for 3 years running.
- Two personalised, Roux Scholarship, chef's jackets, courtesy of Bragard, distributed by KWINTET.
Will receive a coffee machine and coffee worth £2,000 from L'Unico (Caffé Musetti)
Plus 30 cases of Hildon Natural Mineral Water (30 x 12 bottles )
National Finalists receive:
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- £1,000 to be used towards furthering their career development.
- A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut.
- A Global Knives 30th Anniversary case of G-607/9AC knives.
- A digital subscription to Caterer and Hotelkeeper for one year.
- A voucher for 3 cases of Hildon Natural Mineral Water plus a set of 6 Hildon glasses
- The Bocuse d'Or Winners recipe book from Bridor
- One year's complimentary membership of the Institute of Hospitality
- Two personalised, Roux Scholarship, chef's jackets, courtesy of Bragard UK Ltd, distributed by KWINTET.
All regional finalists receive:
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges
- A large bottle of Kikkoman Soy Sauce along with an iconic 150ml dispenser bottle and a Kikkoman branded apron.
- A G-77A 20cm chef’s knife with special fluted blade to mark Global’s 30thAnniversary in a presentation gift case, courtesy of Global Knives
- A Moka pot and coffee from L'Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A ‘farm to fork’ experience courtesy of Fairfax Meadow. Includes a visit to the farm and abattoir in Bristol, plus a day trip to the Fairfax Meadow Factory in Kentish Town, London where skilled butchers will present a meat cutting demonstration of beef and lamb.
Ian Scaramuzza wins Roux Scholarship 2015!
“Ian stood out because he showed us an excellent all round performance. Ian is a talented, yet humble chef, he will make a great scholar." More...
|“More people from Scotland need to enter. Everyone sees it as a London thing and we need to promote it to chefs outside of the city." More...
Global Knives 30th anniversary
12 Roux Scholars have joined with Global Knives to celebrate their 30th anniversary showcasing great knives & great recipes. First up is no.1 scholar & judge, Andrew Fairlie. More.
SIGN-UP FOR NEWS
To be notified about Roux Scholarship news, please submit your email address in the box below. It's free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
|Your email address:|