The winner receives £6,000, to support their career development & an invitation to cook and train under the supervision of a leading chef at a prestigious 3 star Michelin restaurant anywhere in the world for up to three months.
The 2019 Roux scholar will receive a host of amazing prizes from our sponsors:
- A gift box of Dry Aged Steaks, courtesy of Aubrey Allen as well as a one-day butchery course at their butchery training school, Aubrey’s Academy.
- Two personalised, Roux Scholarship, chef’s jackets, courtesy of Bragard UK Ltd.
- A year’s subscription to print and digital editions of The Caterer for one year, plus two tickets to The Caterer’s annual awards, the Cateys. Known as the hospitality industry’s Oscars, the exclusive, black tie event takes place at Grosvenor House on 2 July 2019.
- A classic collection of Global Knives and a range of accessories; peeler, fishbone tweezers, tongs, scissors and whetstone sharpener, all contained in a chef’s case.
- Courtesy of Hildon Natural Mineral Water: 36 cases of free Hildon water, delivered as three cases per month (delivery to mainland UK only). PLUS: two Hospitality tickets to the Hildon Archie David Cup on Sunday 30th June, starting with a private lunch in the Guards Club house, a five- star view of the polo action from your private seat in the Royal Enclosure, followed by afternoon tea in the Royal Box.
- Complimentary membership of the Institute of Hospitality for one year.
- An exclusive Magnum of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut, signed by all the judges.
- An all expenses paid trip for two to visit the wine cellars of Laurent-Perrier at Tours-sur-Marne, including a guided tour of the cellars and a tasting of the Laurent-Perrier range. Travel by Eurostar and overnight accommodation with dinner, bed and breakfast.
- A coffee machine for the home, plus a trip for two to visit the award winning Caffé Musetti roasting factory with flights, transfers and a night’s accommodation in Milan, courtesy of L’Unico.
- A day at TRUEfoods followed by a trip to Madrid with two senior members of TRUEfoods to explore restaurants, markets and food stores, including flights, accommodation and all meals.
- A day of Game shooting with one night’s accommodation including dinner, bed & breakfast, courtesy of Udale Speciality Foods Ltd.
The Winner’s Establishment will receive:
- Thirty Two cases of Hildon Natural Mineral Water (32 x 12 bottles of 500ml Still Glass).
- Ten kilos of award-winning coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A sirloin of aged beef from Udale Speciality Foods, Himalayan Salt Chamber.
The 6 National Finalists will receive:
- £1,000 towards furthering their career development.
- A framed commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- A gift box of Dry Aged Steaks, courtesy of Aubrey Allen.
- Two personalised Roux Scholarship, chef’s jackets, courtesy of Bragard UK Ltd.
- A digital subscription to The Caterer for one year.
- A Global Knives,G-2951138, five piece gift boxed chef’s knife set.
- A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut.
- A selection of aged meat from Udale Speciality Foods Himalayan Salt Chamber
- A copy of Bridor’s recipe book Meilleurs Recettes des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (volume three).
The 18 Regional Finalists will receive:
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- AG-SNI301, Kazoku set of Global Knives
- A Moka pot and coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A TRUEfoods chef notebook and tasting spoon.
- A luxury fruit hamper from Mash Purveyors.