The 2020/21 Roux scholar will receive a host of amazing prizes from our sponsors:
- A Sustainable Meat and Cheese Box, courtesy of Aubrey Allen as well as a Butchery Masterclass at their butchery training school, Aubrey’s Academy.
- Two personalised Roux Scholarship chef’s jackets, courtesy of Bragard UK Ltd to wear during the competition and awards, plus a Grand Chef jacket.
- A trip to Paris, courtesy of Bridor, to attend a workshop at the prestigious baking academy the École Lenôtre, which is set on a barge on the River Seine.
The winning chef will attend an exclusive day-long course with their MOF Chef (Meilleur Ouvrier de France), and includes breakfast and lunch. The trip also includes dinner, overnight accommodation and transport from the UK.
- A year’s subscription to print and digital editions of The Caterer for one year. Plus two tickets to The Caterer’s annual awards, the Cateys, known as the hospitality industry’s Oscars, it is an exclusive, black tie event.
- A classic collection of Global Knives and a range of accessories: peeler, fishbone tweezers, tongs, scissors and whetstone sharpener, all contained in a chef’s case.
- Complimentary membership of the Institute of Hospitality for one year.
- An exclusive Magnum of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut, signed by the judges at the final cook-off.
- An all expenses paid trip for two to visit the wine cellars of Laurent-Perrier at Tours-sur-Marne, including a guided tour of the cellars and a tasting of the Laurent-Perrier range. Travel by Eurostar and overnight accommodation with dinner, bed and breakfast.
- A coffee machine for the home, plus a trip for two to visit the award winning Caffé Musetti roasting factory with flights, transfers and a night’s accommodation in Milan, courtesy of L’Unico.
- An escorted tour with Regent Seven Seas Cruises aboard one of their most luxurious ships while in port in Southampton, to see how they deliver an unrivalled, exquisite dining experience to over 700 guests – while at sea.
- A four-night trip to New York, courtesy of Restaurant Associates, with a senior member of the Restaurant Associates team, to explore excellent restaurants and the dynamic food scene, including flights, accommodation and all meals.
- A day at TRUEfoods followed by a gourmet trip to Portland and Seattle USA, with two senior members of TRUEfoods to explore the cities’ most exciting restaurants, and enticing markets and food stores, including flights, accommodation and all meals.
- A day of Game shooting with one night’s accommodation including dinner, bed & breakfast, courtesy of Udale Speciality Foods Ltd.
- A signed, framed commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
The Winner’s Establishment will receive:
- Ten kilos of award-winning coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A sirloin of aged beef from Udale Speciality Foods, Himalayan Salt Chamber.
The 6 National Finalists will receive:
- £1,000 towards furthering their career development.
- A framed commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- A Sustainable Meat and Cheese Box, courtesy of Aubrey Allen.
- Two personalised Roux Scholarship, chef’s jackets courtesy of Bragard UK Ltd.
- A digital subscription to The Caterer for one year.
- A Global Knives,G-2951138, five piece gift boxed chef’s knife set.
- A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut.
- A selection of aged meat from Udale Speciality Foods Himalayan Salt Chamber
- A copy of Bridor’s recipe book Meilleurs Recettes des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (volume three).
The 18 Regional Finalists will receive:
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- A G-SNI301, Kazoku set of Global Knives
- A Moka pot and coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A TRUEfoods chef notebook and tasting spoon.