**Covid restrictions allowing.
The winner receives £6,000, to support their career development and an invitation to cook and train under the supervision of a leading chef at a prestigious three-star Michelin restaurant anywhere in the world for up to three months.
An additional £6,000 will be awarded to the winner on completion of 15 months’ service with their employer following their win. The aim is to encourage the scholar to share with their brigade the new experiences, ideas and skills learned during their three-month stage in a three-Michelin star restaurant. Should they wish to leave their job before 15 months, the £6,000 will be awarded to their employer to support the brigade’s development in other ways.
The ongoing uncertainty of many roles in hospitality due to the Covid-19 pandemic means that the awarding of the Mentorship Award for the 2022 scholar has an additional condition: should the scholar leave their original employment through no fault of their own, then they will be awarded an additional £3,000, with the next £3,000 awarded discretionally either to the scholar, to their employer or neither, depending on the circumstances of their departure.
For the six national finalists 2022:
- £1,000 towards furthering their career development.
- A framed commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- A Sustainable Meat and Cheese Box, courtesy of Aubrey Allen.
- A copy of Bridor’s recipe book Meilleurs Recettes des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (volume three).
- A set of seven Global Classic knives in chef’s case (G-666-KA).
- A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Brut.
- A digital subscription to The Caterer for one year.
- Gift box of truffles and truffle products from Urbani Truffles.
- A tour of Wellocks‘ Lancashire producers, followed by lunch at the Chef’s Table at Northcote.
The 18 regional finalists will receive:
- A commemorative certificate, signed by the judges.
- A three-piece set of Classic Global Knives, comprising a G-2 2-cm Cook’s Knife; GS-3 13cm Cook’s Knife; GS-68 Vegetable Peeler, 5cm plain blade.
- A Moka pot and coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A TRUEfoods chef stone notebook, a TRUEfoods bag and TRUEfoods tasting spoon.
- A copy of Wellocks 60th anniversary Lancashire Diamond Cookbook with recipes from top chefs.
The Winner’s Establishment will receive:
- Ten kilos of award-winning coffee from L’Unico (Caffé Musetti)
- A sirloin of aged beef from Udale Speciality Foods, Himalayan Salt Chamber.
*Terms and conditions of the Mentorship Award
The Mentorship Award is provided at the complete discretion of the Board of Directors and will typically be granted automatically at the end of the 15 month period. However the Award will be reviewed if:
1. The conduct of the Roux Scholarship winner during the 15 month period from the date of the final could damage the reputation of the Competition or the Employer.
2. The employment did not extend for the full 15 months but this was not the fault or responsibility of the Roux Scholarship winner.
3. The nature of the employment did not allow the Roux Scholarship winner to mentor the same single team for the entire duration of the 15 month period.